No matter how good you are, you won't even get an interview if your resume is jumbled, off-message and unprofessional.
"I can't get catch a break. I seem perfect for this job, send my resume and...nothing."
Like all copy, resumes are there to accentuate the positive - to put you, and your experience in the best possible light, using words and phrases known to catch the eye of the reader.
I've owned four businesses prior to starting MoneyWords Marketing in 2001 and I've hired dozens of people and looked at hundreds of resumes. Let me tell you something that some employers may not: I tossed most resumes into the "No" pile within 15 seconds of picking them up. Why? Sloppy, hard to read, no opening statement or cover letter. Hey, if you don't care, I don't want you.
Resumes and Cover Letters
(All professionally crafted by Alan)
- Job-specific Keywords that work with online applications. Get through the electronic gatekeeper to a real person.
- Classic styles and layouts preferred by HR executives.
- Words and phrases designed to sell you and your skills.
- Most resumes fail because of what they leave out; I'll make sure you include everything you need.
- Resumes and cover letters should be tailored to the job for which you're applying.