Hands-On Marketing Workshops
Add to your staff or membership's marketing skills by booking a workshop hosted personally by Alan Tarr
Speaker fees are waived for non-profit civic and business organizations, networking groups and chambers of commerce. The "Marketing Game" and "Website" workshopscan be taken separately or combined for an in-depth, full day experience.
Please contact us with specific questions.
How To Win The Marketing Game
...And Stop Wasting Money
Secrets of professional Copywriters: Using Differentiation, Messaging and Branding to grow your business
- Why 77% of small business marketing is ineffective
- What is marketing - really?
- The differences between Tactical and Strategic marketing
- Why Ralph Waldo Emerson was dead wrong
- What you can learn from John Smith’s eyes
- Why you must absolutely, positively differentiate your business from the competition
- Why I'll wager that you ignore over 90% of your prospects
- 5 Steps that can turn your marketing into a customer magnet
Is Your Website A Customer Magnet?
...Or Does It Send Your Prospects Running Into The Arms Of Your Competitors?
- Five things most websites screw up
- What mistake is made by over 90% of self-written webites
- The 8 things that will make your home page "sticky"
- How the AIDA Code can boost your web analytics immediately
- How to write copy and content your visitors want to read
- Your Ideal Approach: Emotional or Intellectual?
- E-Mail capture - what, why, how?
Sales Letters That Work
Direct Response Letter
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- What benefit(s) can the reader expect?
- What response are you trying to elicit?
- What are you offering? Is it something they want?
- 13 Rules when Writing For Print
- Write as many words as you need—and not one word more
- The Check-List
- Edit, Edit, then Edit some more
Professional (B2B) “Credibility Statement®” Letter
- Who are you and what do you want?
- What makes you think you know about what I need?
- Your personal Credibility Statement®
- The Offer—What motivates your reader?
The Writers Workshop
Learn the “Secrets” of Pro Copywriters
- Re-Introduction to the 5 Steps to Powerful Marketing
- Is yours a product of the heart or the head?
- The copywriter's secret - The AIDA Code
- Headlines - The Gift of Grab
- Sub Heads and Cross Heads Should Tell Your Story
- Is a Picture Truly Worth a Thousand Words?
- Writing for Print—Ads/Flyers/Brochures, Websites etc.
- Layout—Can Help a Little or Hurt a Lot
- Claims—Make Them Clear and Verifiable or Forget It!
- Some Quick Hints When Writing for Radio